Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Under Armour What's Beautiful Challenge - Beating Kahne

Good Morning ladies!

I've declared a goal for the "What's Beautiful" Under Armour Woman's Challenge. My goal is to run a 5K in 22 minutes! This is a very personal goal that I take seriously. To make this fun for myself, I've decided while I'm in training, I'd like to inspire woman to run with me this October 13th!

 If you are a NASCAR fan, this is going to be even more meaningful! The 5K is hosted by Kasey Kahne- they call it the Five Kahne 5K. Proceeds raised go to his Foundation- and they donate to The Ronald McDonald House of Charlotte, Make a Wish Foundation, the NC STEAM, and other children's charities. Check out the Kasey Kahne Foundation website for more information.

Today is the first day of training, and guess what? It's "National Running Day" !! So it's only fitting that we head outside, or on the treadmill for a run.  If you are new to running, you have five months to get your body in 5K shape, that is more then the required time you need, so lucky you- you've got a head start!

This goal to beat Kahne might sound a bit over-zealous to you. Kahne can run three miles in under 23 minutes! That means I have to shave (at least) 10 minutes off of last year's run time- which was 31:27! I have a lot of work to do- but I have no fear! This is realistic because I've been running, and participating in sports for at least 14 years, so I'm sure if I set my sights on things above, and have a lot of faith, I can, and I WILL achieve this goal. Whatever excuse I have to not reach this goal needs to be thrown away.

My biggest fitness accomplishment was competing in Bikini Fitness Competitions in Boston, MA, East Haven, CT, and Toronto, Ontario Canada. I've made my lifestyle be all about fitness, and I know how to 'get in the zone.' I consider a 3 mile run, my short run!

It's time to get started. First, log online and register now for the event. Registration is $25 until June 12th, after that day prices go up. Go to www.kaseykahnefoundation.com- and click on the 2013 FiveKahne banner. You'll be able to find more details about the event - including the link to register.

When you're registered, get outside for a 10 minute run! Why? What's Beautiful? You're running!

What's Beautiful?
Donating to children's charities!

What's Beautiful?
Running with your friends!

What's Beautiful?
Living a healthy, athletic life!

What's Beautiful?
Beating Kahne!

Be sure to follow me on twitter- I will be posting about my journey! You can find me at @FitnFaithful.
Use the hashtag #whatsbeautiful to follow other athletes in their challenges. Who knows, maybe you'll score some cool tips, and tricks on becoming a better runner!

Thanks for joining me- and I look forward to connecting with you this summer!

Genevieve
@FitnFaithfua

The first 5K in 2010
Kahne meets my niece when handing out
award to Kathleen for winning her age group. 




No comments: