Monday, August 27, 2012

30 Day Ab Challenge

I will be hosting a 30 Day Ab Challenge starting September 1st, 2012 for anyone (guys and gals) wanting to participate.

Day 1
To participate you must follow these simple rules.

1. Have fun!
2. Be nice to yourself and remember this is for you- this is your time!
3. Do not compare yourself to other guys and gals, not now, not ever! You will torture yourself if you do this and that's not okay. Respect yourself.
4. Every body type is different and will respond differently to an exercise. Make it work for you.
5. Please be pro-active and respond to me. Let me know how you're doing and if you're enjoying yourself.

You can participate for the full 30 days or you can participate when you can, however, remember you get what you put out.

Regardless of what your goals are, and what your body type is like, you'll never have flat abs if you only do sit-ups. It's important to do a variety of exercises that you enjoy doing.
Do cardio at least 3 times a week. Cardio includes:
a. Zumba and Dancing
b. Cardio kickboxing
c. step aerobics
d. running - walking
e. vigorous and speed swimming
f. cycling
Other forms of exercise:
g. Yoga
h. Pilates
i. weight lifting
j. sports games like baseball, football, etc.
The challenge will work like this:

Please let me know if you're also training for a special event, what ever that may be. I am training for my third 5K race that's going on this October 14th. If you're in Charlotte, I'm encouraging you to join me! It's with Kasey Kahne and the Kasey Kahne Foundation for the third annual "Kahne 5." Please check out the website for detailed information and registration.

I will post a video of me doing an ab exercise, and each day you try to do that one for 3 sets of 15! Remember, this is a challenge. To make it harder, your second set of ab exercise will be the one you did the day before. So at the end of this challenge, you should be able to do 30 different types of ab exercises!

Other ways to succeed at reaching your ab goals is to eat healthy every day. It takes 30 days to create a good habit, so let this be your first 30 days to living a healthier lifestyle! Drink a lot of water, eat tons of veggies and eat fruit. You should also include a protein and unsaturated carbohydrates in 3 of your meals a day.

Please leave a comment if you want to do this and I will keep in touch with you. Fun ways to stay in touch is on twitter. You can follow me at @C_Genevieve. Starting now, you can use hashtag #30daysofabs!
Also let me know if you're a Sweat Pink, Fit Approach ambassador!







4 comments:

Unknown said...

Keep motivating others. It does make a difference whether you realize it or not. I have seen your workout posts and it has motivated me to get out on days I would have skipped my workout.

Unknown said...

Awww thank you Andrew!

JessicaLee said...

Yep! I'll do 30 days of abs with you! :) September is going to be my busiest month of the year, and my diet won't be perfect... but I will eat healthy as hell when I am home and exercise my butt off. :)

Unknown said...

Jess- it's all in what you put in to it. If you get used to one habit at a time, a second will eventually create a second habit. And if September ain't the best month to do it...you can start anytime!