Thursday, September 08, 2011

Why I hate the Bachelor

The reality hit shows, "The Bachelor and The Bachelorette" are bringing money in to NBC however I am convinced it has corrupted dating as we know it.

Mr. Blue Eyes and I went out to lunch last week and he explained that dating in the real world is exactly like it is on the show, without the glamorous over priced dates and exotic trips around the world. Also, I've yet to see one woman on a date with six guys at a time. 

People now have multiple partners sexually and morals have changed.

People also keep ex's around, in case they have no other person to go to on a lonely Friday night.


I missed the opportunity last June to audition to be a contestant on the Bachelorette when ABC came to SUITE at the EpiCentre in Charlotte because, I being so naive and gullible, feared I'd  ruin things with Mr. Blue Eyes. Sure we were a brand new couple and we were not exclusive and we had not crossed over to a committed relationship but I wanted to focus on us,. I didn't want any distractions nor did I want my auditioning to make him think that I was eventually going to leave. I thought to far ahead and that may have been a mistake. I could have auditioned and if they accepted me, I would've had the chance to say no had Mr. Blue Eyes and I committed but you see we didn't commit, we had an amazing summer affair that unfortunately ended (his decision) but now that it's over,  I'm left wondering.

What could've happened had I auditioned? I could have made it but I probably wouldn't have and would still be alone. But they say things do not happen for a reason, so I probably didn't really audition because I didn't want to put myself out there on a dating reality show. I didn't want the caddy competition with the girls and I didn't want the world to see how I would react had I been one the of the final 5, 4, 3 or 2 and was left with a broken heart. 

It was a missed opportunity and I might have skipped out for all the wrong reasons but in the end I am happy I'm not on the show because I hate the show. I still feel like it's a destructive force in dating.

I know, everyone wants to be in a position where 25 hopefuls are fighting for your attention and you can do what ever you want and because your on the show, no one can really get mad because the show is about dating and screwing around until you find the right one. Doesn't sound like fun to me, but, apparently, it's fun to everyone else.

No comments: