Thursday, October 04, 2012

Green Love

Favorite Lunch Recipe 


Green Salad 


Whether or you choose to eat it or drink it, this Green Salad is delicious. You can either throw these veggies in a blender, add water and juice up your lunch  to save time - or you can it eat.

Here's what's what I ate for lunch (Wednesday):

1/2 green apple cut
1/2 kiwi 
1/2 avocado
1/4 of cucumber
handful of spinach
handful of lettuce
handful of kale
6 cubes of tofu (as many as you'd like)
croutons
and a splash of balsamic vinegar

I normally do not use tofu, croutons or vinegar if I choose to juice up. I prefer to add celery and broccoli stems instead! 

I'm one who does love to cook but I don't normally follow a recipe to a T. I usually grab veggies, fruit, meat, spices and put it altogether in a dish. Cooking time is me time. It's a chance for me to forget about the day and relax - to be in the moment. Sometimes I listen to music, or have the TV on in the background. Other times I cook in silence and let my thoughts wonder. Cooking time is also a time when I think of stories I like to write, then after I eat, I write.

To be honest, this is  my first blog about "what I ate Wednesday," so I apologize if I bored you! As much as I love to cook, I should plan to share what I do eat, and drink more often. More importantly, I hope to learn more about healthy eating from my SweatPink and FitApproach team!


















No comments: