Saturday, August 11, 2012

Bucket List - 40 before 40

In four years I turn 40 - wow! Life sure goes by fast! We all set bucket lists and I've set mine. In four years - it would be amazing to have reached all 40 goals - but- to come close reaching them will be sweet. If knowing what you want is half the battle, then here they are,  the 40 things I want to do, see and have before  I turn 40.

1.  Publish a novel/movie script & to have articles published in magazines
2. To go on a family vacation for my parents 40th year anniversary. Did not happen - but we are planning on a future trip.
3. Compete on a Fitness stage one more time
5. Complete at least one triathlon I don't care to do that anymore but I won't say no if the opportunity arises.
Jimmie Johnson & Kasey Kahne of HMS in Darlington, SC
May 2012
Goal: to have better control of my camera,
this picture could have been really nice!
6. A private one on one interview with the four elite NASCAR drivers on the Hendrick Motorsports (HMS) team.  NOT important to do anymore, but I'm open to the opportunity. At least I got to interview them in a group setting.
7. A career no one can take away from me! IN PROGRESS
8. To be at 18% body fat if not less!
9. Visit one or two of these cities: Nashville, Charleston, Los Angeles, Washington, D.C., Charleston, and Seattle -and a tropical island.
10. Go on an over-night trip alone with my niece  This may happen 1 day when she is a teenager.
11. Go on - HOST a yoga retreat
12. Travel to a racetrack out west such as, Phoenix,  Sonoma in California, or Las Vegas
13. Go to a Patriots game at Gillette Stadium
14. To do some daring outdoor adventure such as: kayak, zip line , white water rafting, rock climb and/or to paddle board. GOAL REACHED I did Paddleboard once, I'd like to do it again! 
The John Hancock Building reflection of the mirrored
windows of the John Hancock Tower
Goal: to be more solid & this picture to be less 'busy'

15. To be more confident and really good at driving the boat on Lake Norman - alone if I had to! ***In progress! More chances next summer!*** 
16. Celebrate my 38th birthday at the Daytona 500. IN PROGRESS! t-minus 8 days
17. Ride a horse one more time
18. To have more "auntie and niece" days and to start a tradition with her. To go bowling with her-DONE! Movie trip!
19. Spend a week with my cousins in Montreal and Quebec City or heck, to visit a Foreign country together. DONE Well, spent a few days w/her New Years 2014
20. A fully equipped workout room in my house, so I don't have to go the gym anymore. - Almost reached, I have the basic equipment to be able to do a challenging workout!
21. To have a better camera - and amazing pictures that I took posted on my wall
22. To not procrastinate anymore
23. Swim with dolphins
24. Become a Yoga Teacher
25. Buy a new car
26. Run a  half marathon - (13 miles) - IN progress-
27. Invest more time in a charity and to have my own 'foundation.'  Possibly - reading to kids at libraries.
28. Live a life of integrity, honor, commitment, self-discipline = ALWAYS in progress~
29. My retirement fund ...
30. To be a member of a Church - to know 'which' I will consistently participate in. GOAL REACHED I am active and involved at Elevation Church. I was on the production team- and will probably be on the LKN production team in 2014.
31. Go camping in the woods, or mountains again
32. Own a really good website promoting my writing and photography.
33. Another photo shoot - a portfolio- see goal number three (3).
34. Host a holiday dinner party for my family without - or with minimal assistance from them. Kinda sorta done
35. Buy brand new furniture
36. Go to a Joyce Meyer event
37. Walk on the beach - barefoot- at least two or three times a year (seeing as though I no longer live near a beach)
38. An apartment that is all mine, and decorated in my style
39. To go a UFC event
40. To NOT be upset with myself if I do not reach all of these goals by my 40th birthday - but to continue my journey to reach them in my 40s
Tall building in Charlotte, NC
2010
Goal: to have better aim




That's that, my 40 by 40 and I'm sure some things on this list will probably change. But this is what's important to me today. This is what I want my future to look like.

No comments: