Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Third Eye

It's no secret that I'm committed to the practice of yoga. I take a lot of classes, and I've committed to the lifestyle. I know a  lot of people do not believe that committing to something is the key to success, but it is. Whether I train in the gym with the heavy weights, or in aerobics studio, outside running, swimming or just doing something athletic, I'm committed to living a healthy lifestyle. Yoga not only helps keep flexibility, it also stretches the kinks, and releases the toxins from the muscle. It also helps you find balance in your personal life.
With no focus or balance, there's no way you successfully complete the poses you need to do in class.
The practice of yoga also helps you connect with your body. It's when you focus, and zone into your practice that you are able to stretch your muscles further then you think you can.
In yoga, you also get to a point where you open your 'third eye,' - what does that mean?
Simple, it means you are able to think clearer, and see things on a deeper level.
Last week, after an hour and a half class of Hot Yoga, (i.e, in a room that is 104 degrees), I was in a complete 'yoga zone.' I was so relaxed and focused on getting things done, that when I couldn't find my cell phone, I stopped to think to look in an impossible place. It was an instinct that I acknowledged, and had I not acted on my instincts, I would've lost my cell phone for good.

If you're in need of rest, and relaxation; if you're in a place of needing to focus, and in need to learn to balance you're life, I recommend you take yoga.
You can take one class a week, it's all you need.
Start with a slow, basic class. There's no need to dive in, and there's no need to practice as often as I do.You do not need to practice Hot or as others call it, "Bikram" Yoga.
All gyms now offer a class or two of yoga, but most instructors have their own studios. Take a look into it. It may be a bit pricey, but there's no price you should put on your health.
For those of you truly looking to save money, look online for videos. You can also borrow videos and books at your library.

No comments: